Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Fun

My kids LOVE to dress up, so Halloween is big deal at our house, and this year was no exception.
Aurora was originally going to be a sunflower, and she had been wearing her costume constantly.  However, when she realized that the sunflower costume wasn't just for dress-up during the day and that it was her actual HALLOWEEN costume, she was completely disappointed and insisted that she was NOT a sunflower for Halloween, she was going to be a princess...

Halloween fun started off with the traditional "BOX" in the mail from Texas.  This year was especially exciting because in the box was all 3 monster themed General Mills breakfast cereals: Boo Berry, Count Chocula, and Franken Berry.  It was a BIG hit!
Texas has the best stuff!
At school the kids had Red Ribbon week (Say No to Drugs week) and to celebrate they had different "spirit days"  and since my kids LOVE to dress up, this was big fun.  There was Western Day, Wear Red Day, Sports Day, Freaky Friday, and Pajama Day which we forgot about because it was on Monday, they were pretty sad but we made up for it the rest of the week.

He has his Texas shirt on.


Freaky Friday, they loved this!
Peltzer Farm is a local, family owned pumpkin farm that we like to visit out in beautiful wine country, Temecula.  They have a pumpkin patch, pony rides, corn maze, tractor/train rides, and petting zoo but the favorite activity of the day by far, was panning for gold; they loved it, especially Maverick. I know we all had are hands busy panning for "gold & gems" because I have no pictures of it, ha!

The hills around the farm are gorgeous


How tall this fall?
 We learned that many of the animals in the petting zoo are animals that the Peltzers adopted and/or took in because their owners could no longer keep them.  Some of the "inherited" animals included a black alpaca and two big fat pigs, who's family still visits them on the farm and brings them PB&J sandwiches for dinner.

Summer could have stayed in there all day.
Costumes were super easy for me this year because unlike other years, I did not make any of them.  At first Maverick originally wanted to be a Red Power Ranger but then decided on a fighter pilot costume, you know I loved it!

TOP GUN!
Summer was lucky enough to have her Grandma Linda offer to make her the Tangled costume that she has been wanting since last Halloween.  So for her birthday, my mom took her to the fabric store and let her pick out the fabric she wanted for her dress.  It turned out BEAUTIFUL!


Rapunzel
Aurora did get to be a princess too (I couldn't say no since Summer was going to get to wear a fancy princess dress). So I was able to find a pink princess dress that was exactly what she was wanting.


I had to put this in, it's priceless and we can even practice our alliteration:
The precious pink princess picking her nose.

Pretty princesses
Sydney was Little Red Riding Hood, the same as last year because she was planning on going to a church event that she wouldn't need a costume for but changed her mind and decided she would go trick-or -Treating around our neighborhood with her friend Victoria instead. So since it was last minute, she used what we already had, why not?

We sent them on their way with a tazer gun...seriously.

5 comments:

  1. amazing :D I can't believe Linda made that rapunzel dress...its perfect! and Maverick's costume choice was too perfect too. so were you a fairy Godmother this year Sarah since you had Princess Aurora? (sleeping beauty :D). Syd looks gorgeous! Love/miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, my mom is amazing! No costume for me this year...maybe I can get my mom to make me a costume for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni just gave me the link to your blog...I LOOOOVE IT!!! I've read all of the posts...3 favorites:

    1. I LOVED the gum bandit!!! I was cracking up at the car convo!

    2. Your comment about Maverick watching fishing on TV = HI-LAR-I-OUS!!!

    3. And the low-down on Sydney's 8th grade year was PRICELESS!!! I can absolutely remember when those issues were of my greatest concern! Congrats to her for finishing out middle school on the top of her game!!

    I just clicked to follow your blog...I look forward to reading more of your family's antics! :0)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! That means a lot coming from you since you're the queen blogger!

      Delete